Looking for a milk-free recipe that the whole family can enjoy? Make a batch for yourself and a batch that incorporates Neocate® Junior. We have you covered with this sweet potato and chicken casserole recipe. Bon appétit!
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- ⅓ cup ground chicken
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped or grated onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped or grated carrot
- 1 small mushroom, finely chopped
- 2 fl oz low-salt chicken broth
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dairy-free spread
- 2 Tbsp preferred bread crumbs
- 2 scoops Neocate Junior, Unflavored
- Place sweet potato in small saucepan with water to cover, bring to a boil. Simmer until soft.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and brown the chicken, stirring occasionally and breaking apart.
- Add the onions, carrots and mushrooms and cook for 5-10 minutes, until the vegetables are softened and starting to brown.
- Add the stock and bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Cool slightly and stir in one scoop of Neocate Junior.
- Pour the water off to drain the sweet potato in the saucepan. Add the dairy-free spread and mash until smooth with a masher or fork.
- Stir the remaining scoop of Neocate Junior into the sweet potato.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into a small ovenproof dish. Top with the mashed sweet potato.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and brown under the broiler.
Potential Allergens: Wheat/Gluten (depending on choice of bread crumbs)
Consult your healthcare professional to determine if this recipe, ingredients, and consistency are appropriate for your child. Nutritional values are approximate and will vary based on quantities and substitutes. Cooking with or freezing Neocate may affect some nutrient levels.
Image used is for illustrative purposes only and does not represent finished recipe.