Hosting or attending a holiday dinner can be stressful for parents of children with food allergies. We’ve compiled a list of helpful resources to help you ensure a safe and enjoyable holiday celebration for your family.
- Kids With Food Allergies
- Guide to Holiday DinnerHoliday Tips for Those with Food Allergies from American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Allergies, Asthma and Winter Holidays from American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology
Remember to check for hidden allergens that may be added during the processing or preparation of your holiday feast. Gravies and sauces may contain hidden allergens, so be sure to check the ingredients first.
Food and Recipes
Below is a list of some allergy-friendly variations to the traditional holiday dishes. Please be sure to consult your healthcare professional to determine if these recipes, there ingredients and consistencies are appropriate for your child.
- Neocate Nutra Allergy-friendly mashed potatoes from Nutricia
- Allergy-friendly Desserts:
General tips and recipes:
- Basic Recipe substitutions for food allergies from Kids With Food Allergies
- Neocate Food Allergy Cookbook from Nutricia
Helpful Articles for Celebrating the Holidays with Food Allergies
- Allergy-Free Holiday Recipes from AAAAI
- Thanksgiving and Other Holidays with Food Allergies from Food Allergy Living
For those of you who will be traveling over the holidays, here are some articles that may be helpful to you:
- Food Allergy Travel Tips: You Can Take it with You from Food Allergy Living
- Kids With Food Allergies guide to Traveling With Food Allergies
Do you have any fun allergy-friendly recipes or holiday tips? Please share them!