Looking to sneak some vegetables into your little one’s diet? Sneak in three vegetables with our Trio of Root Vegetable Puree recipe!
In the following recipe, either Neocate® Syneo® Infant or Neocate® Infant DHA/ARA can be used. Nutritional information for this recipe is similar if you are using either Neocate Syneo Infant or Neocate Infant DHA/ARA. When using Neocate Syneo Infant, wait for the recipe to cool to a lukewarm temperature, or right before serving, before adding Neocate Syneo Infant. (Because temperatures above 104°F (40°C) may lessen the benefits of the probiotic cultures!)
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup water plus additional, as needed
- 6 scoops Neocate Syneo Infant, divided
- Place the sweet potato, carrots and parsnip in a small saucepan with the water.
- Simmer until tender, drain and allow to cool.\
- Add 1/2 cup water and blend the vegetables until smooth using a food processor or hand blender.
- Distribute mixture among 6 containers. Refrigerate or freeze remaining servings until needed.
- Just before serving, add 1 scoop of Neocate to each serving of purée.
- Stir thoroughly to combine, adding more water as needed to reach preferred consistency, and serve.
Have fun with using different vegetables as your baby becomes familiar with the flavors of new fruits and vegetables.
Consult your healthcare professional to determine if this recipe, ingredients, and consistency are appropriate for your child. Nutritional values are approximate and will vary based on quantities and substitutes. Cooking with or freezing Neocate may affect some nutrient levels.
Image used is for illustrative purposes only and does not represent finished recipe.