Introducing solids to your baby can be a fun time. Here’s a colorful and easy recipe you can try today.
In the following recipe, either Neocate® Syneo® Infant or Neocate® Infant DHA/ARA can be used. For nutritional information when using Neocate Syneo Infant, please see ‘Nutritional Information’ section below. For nutritional information when using Neocate Infant DHA/ARA, please see the ‘Notes’ section below.
When using Neocate Syneo Infant, wait for the recipe to cool to a lukewarm temperature, or right before serving, before adding Neocate Syneo Infant. (Because temperatures above 104°F (40°C) may lessen the benefits of the probiotic cultures!)
- 1 small carrot, peeled and diced
- ½ small sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 3 fl oz (6 Tbsp) water, plus additional as needed
- 3 scoops Neocate Syneo Infant, divided
- Place the sweet potato and carrot in a small saucepan with the water.
- Cover and simmer until tender, allow to cool.
- Blend the vegetables and cooking water until smooth using a food processor or hand blender.
- Distribute mixture among 3 containers. Refrigerate or freeze remaining servings until needed.
- Just before serving, add 1 scoop of Neocate to each serving of purée.
- Stir thoroughly to combine, adding more water as needed to reach preferred consistency, and serve
Serving Size: ~2 oz.
Consult your healthcare professional to determine if this recipe, ingredients, and consistency are appropriate for your child. Nutritional values are approximate and will vary based on quantities and substitutes. Cooking with or freezing Neocate may affect some nutrient levels.