With Halloween right around the corner, we wanted to share some allergy-friendly Halloween candy that you can make and buy for your little ones. A few years ago there were limited options for children with food allergies. Now there are hundreds of different companies that make sweets that are both safe and delicious.
Candies and Chocolates
- Amanda’s Own Confections. Great chocolates that are all natural and completely dairy-free, tree nut-free, peanut-free, egg-free and gluten-free!
- Divvies. Cookies, popcorn, cupcakes, candies and more that are dairy-free, egg-free, peanut-free and tree nut-free. Check out these cute ghost-shaped chocolates!
- Vermont Nut-Free Chocolates. These delicious chocolates are nut-free. The company was founded by the mother of a child with a severe peanut allergy.
- Whey Out Chocolates. These diary-free, soy-free and peanut-free chocolates are made by another mother of a child with severe milk and nut allergies.
Recipes to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth Safely
- Cashew (Coconut) Joy Bars. These candy bars are dairy-free, egg-free and gluten-free. If you leave off the cashews, they are nut-free as well! The Go Dairy Free website has many more recipes for tasty treats.
- Pumpkin Cut-Out Cookies. This recipe from FAAN is free from the top 8 allergens and would be a fun Halloween activity to do with your children.
- Dairy-Free Fudge from the Neocate Food Allergy Cookbook. This treat is so sinful, you won’t miss the dairy at all!
What sweet treats does your family love?