Great news – Nutricia is sponsoring a free teleconference for parents on managing special diets. If you have a child with milk allergy, food allergies, eosinophilic esophagitis (EE) GERD or another condition that requires a restricted diet, check it out. And feel free to share with friends & family.
Here is the info:
Who: Cynthia Baranoski, MS, RD, LDN
Nutrition Therapy Department Head,
Easter Seals DuPage & the Fox Valley Region
What: Growing and Thriving on a Special Diet:
Addressing Nutritional Deficiencies in Kids on Restricted Diets
When: Friday, April 18, 2008 / 1:00pm EST
The presentation will address:
· Nutritional deficiencies common in children with food allergies, eosinophilic esophagitis and other conditions requiring restricted diets;
· Signs and symptoms of nutritional deficiencies and toxicities in your child;
· Food sources of specific vitamins and minerals;
· Vitamin and mineral supplementation;
· Establishing a balanced diet; and
· The use of elemental formulas to ensure adequacy in your child’s diet.
For more information and to register, click here.
April, Marybeth and Steven
Previous post: No chocolate bunny for Easter?