We know your child relies on Neocate, and we want to make sure he or she receives the best possible nutritional support according to the very latest medical and scientific knowlegdge. This means from time to time we improve our products to better serve your family.
There has been speculation in recent weeks about whether there have been changes to Neocate Junior, unflavored over the past year. Up until now, we have made no changes . Whenever we plan changes or improvements to our products, we announce them to you in advance and also provide information and resources to help you and your family prepare.
We would like to share with you that we are making upgrades in 2013 to many products within our Neocate family, specifically Neocate® Infant, Neocate® Junior and Neocate's E028 Splash. Improvements will be made first to Neocate Junior, starting in mid-February.
You can find details on what we have changed, when you can expect to see them and helpful resources here. We will also update you well in advance with information and tips on the coming changes to Neocate Infant and Neocate's E028 Splash.
Here's briefly what you can expect to see from the improved Neocate Junior:
- The levels of eleven vitamins and minerals in Neocate Junior have been upgraded to provide better nutritional support for your child. The changes are in line with the latest dietary reference intake (DRI) recommendations by the Institute of Medicine.
- The levels of protein, fat and carbohydrate (i.e., macronutrients) will remain the same.
- No new ingredients will be added to the product.
- There will be no change in can size, price, codes or graphics.
- Beginning in January we will announce that an improved product is coming through the use of stickers on the lids of current Neocate Junior products.
- The improved Neocate Junior will be available beginning in mid-February, clearly marked with stickers informing parents that the product has "improved levels of vitamins and minerals." Specific availablity in each area and by flavor may differ.
We understand the sensitivity of the chidlren who rely on our products. For most children, moving from one formula to an improved version of the same forumla does not require a "transition period." However, some parents and clinicans prefer to transition over the course of a few days. We recommend that you contact your child's pediatrician or other healthcare provider with any specific questions or concerns about making this transition.
Additional details including transition tips can be found here or by calling our Nutrition Specialist at 1-800-Neocate (636-2283)
- Team Neocate
Read Comments (2)