A Food Allergy Action Plan outlines the recommended actions to take if your child experiences an allergic reaction. It is important to create a Food Allergy Action Plan for your child and provide it to their school, camp, coaches, other parents, or anyone else who may need to assist your child in case of a food allergy-related emergency. If you are new to food allergies, you may be wondering where to start. We’ve compiled some resources and templates you can use to develop a thorough plan for little one.
Action Plan Templates:
- Food Allergy Research and Education (FARE) offers a template for an Emergency Care plan that is available in both English and Spanish.
- The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI) also has a Emergency Action Plan template available.
- The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) offers a similar asthma and allergy action card.
- The Food Allergy Initiative created an Authorization for Emergency Treatment form that you might find useful.
- Allergy-Free Table compiled some useful resources to provide your child’s babysitter: http://www.allergyfreetable.com/babysitting-forms.php.
We’d love to hear your advice and experiences with creating a Food Allergy Action Plan for your little one!
Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22986659@N04/3641404138/sizes/n/
Next post: How to Conduct an Elimination Diet
Previous post: Average Yearly Cost for Food Allergies and Cost Saving Tips