Based on your responses, your child is experiencing one or more symptoms that are common with cow, soy or multiple food allergies. We recommend that you call your doctor for a more thorough evaluation and diagnosis.
Print this sheet and bring it with you to your appointment. If your doctor suspects a milk or food allergy, Neocate may be able to help with your child's issues.
Neocate is different from other formulas because it's based on free amino acids, simple building blocks of protein that do not provoke allergic responses. Because these building blocks are in their simplest form, Neocate is easier for infants and children to digest. Neocate does not have whole or fragmented protein chains that can trigger an allergic response.
Neocate has been clinically proven to help with gastrointestinal conditions in as little as three days1 and improve all other allergy-related conditions such as skin rash, eczema or GERD in 14 days.2,3 Neocate provides an adequate source of nutrition and has been seen to promote normal and catch-up growth in infants.4,5
1. de Boissieu D et al. Allergy to extensively hydrolyzed cow's milk proteins in infants: Identification and treatment with an amino acid-based formula. J. Pediatr 1997; 131:744-747.
2. Vanderhoof JA et al. Intolerance to protein hydrolysate infant formulas: An underrecognized cause of gastrointestinal symptoms in infants. J. Pediatr 1997; 131:741-744.
3. Hill DJ et al. The natural history of intolerance to soy and extensively hydrolyzed formula in infants with multiple food protein intolerance. J. Pediatr 1999; 135:118-121.
4. Isolauri E et al. Efficacy and safety of hydrolyzed cow’s milk and amino acid-derived formulas in infants with cow’s milk allergy. J. Pediatr 1995; 127:550-557.
5. Niggemann B et al. Prospective, controlled, multi-center study on the effect of an amino acid-based formula in infants with cow’s milk allergy/intolerance and atopic dermatitis. Pediatr Allergy Immunol 2001; 12:78-82.