It’s hard to believe that summer vacation is almost here! Sending your little one off to summer camp can be a bit more complicated when your child has food allergies. We’ve compiled some tips and resources to help you ensure that your little one has a fun and safe summer camp experience.
- Food Allergy Research and Education (FARE)’s “Guidelines for Managing Food Allergies at Camp”
Kids with Food Allergies hosted a free educational webinar called "Off to Camp with Food Allergies" and includes great information on
- How to choose a camp
- Questions to ask the camp staff
- How to store epinephrine at camp
- Food allergy management at camp
- The American Camp Association and Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis put together some great information on “Campers with Food Allergies”
- FARE has some great information about the camp, camper, and parent’s responsibilities for a safe summer camp experience.
Has your child with food allergies gone to camp? If so, how was the experience? What advice would you give to other parents?
Flickr Photo: Christiana Care Camp