Halloween can be extra “spooky” for parents of children with food allergies. For today’s post, I’ve collected some tips, resources, and recipes to help ensure that your family has a safe, happy, and allergy-friendly Halloween.
Tips & Resources:
- Kids with Food Allergies has an entire page full of tips and information for having a fun andallergy-friendly Halloween celebration.
FAAN hosts a “Trick-or-Treat for Food Allergy” campaign to raise funds and awareness for food allergy and anaphylaxis.
Read AAAAI’s guide to “Avoid the Danger of Anaphylaxis this Halloween”
- Check out some of our previous posts on managing Halloween with food allergies:
- Watch this news clip from MyFoxChicago: “How to Have an Allergy-Safe Halloween: Dr. Ruchi Gupta”
- Kids with Food Allergies has some awesome recipes for allergy-friendly Halloween treats:
Check out FAAN’s Moist Halloween Muffin Recipe
- Try this recipe for Wheat-free Pumpkin Muffins, from our Food Allergy Cookbook
Have some tips, resources, or recipes of your own? Share them here or on our Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/Neocate. We’d love to see some Halloween photos of your kids as well!
*Please keep in mind that these recipes are “allergy-friendly” and not necessarily “allergen-free”. Be sure to check the ingredients to ensure each recipe is appropriate for your child’s food allergies. If you are unsure, consult with your child’s health care professional.
Photo: Flickr user- http://www.flickr.com/photos/vdrg/