Halloween is less than 1 week away and the excitement is building! Help us make sure our food allergy kids can participate safely by joining FARE and their Teal Pumpkin Project!
What is the Teal Pumpkin Project?
The Teal Pumpkin Project is a world-wide effort to help kids with food allergies enjoy Halloween without worrying by:
- Placing a Teal Pumpkin, or the printable pumpkin picture from FARE, in your window to let neighbors and community members know you are a safe house for food allergies.
- Offering non-food related treats for children who come to your house to trick-or-treat.
- Spreading awareness about food allergies with real solutions for common situations.
FARE’s Ideas for Non-Food Treats:
- Glow sticks, bracelets, or necklaces
- Pencils, pens, crayons or markers
- Halloween erasers or pencil toppers
- Mini Slinkies
- Whistles, kazoos, or noisemakers
- Bouncy balls
- Finger puppets or novelty toys
- Spider rings
- Vampire fangs
- Mini notepads
- Playing cards
Please also consider bringing the same concept of safe trick-or-treating to your child’s school party. It is common for younger children to have a Halloween party and parade at school to celebrate Halloween. What a wonderful opportunity to educate families and community members about food allergies and the Teal Pumpkin Project!
- Offer to bring in non-food items for the party
- Print and pass out copies of the free printable pumpkin poster from FARE
- Get the kids involved! Have them paint pumpkins as a party activity!
Halloween is such a fun time for kids! Let’s help them have a great time and enjoy the experience! We’d love to see some pictures of your little monsters and their Teal Pumpkins! Comment with a picture, or post to our Facebook page!