When you or a loved one is on a severely restricted diet due to food allergies or related conditions, the diet can become very boring, very fast. Multiple flavors of Neocate helps in making meal time more fun and enjoyable. But even those can be routine sometimes. This is why we are excited to announce the release of new recipes this spring… Here is the first recipe for you to try and enjoy!
Sweet Potato & Chicken Casserole
Neocate Junior, unflavored is used in preparation of this recipe. Adding Neocate to food is easy, fast and safe. It can also help you or your child to tolerate other foods better. When cooking with Neocate, be sure to let very hot foods cool down a little before adding Neocate and not to reheat dishes prepared with Neocate.
What you need:
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- ⅓ cup ground chicken
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped or grated onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped or grated carrot
- 1 small mushroom, finely chopped
- 2 fl oz low-salt chicken broth
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dairy-free spread
- 2 Tbsp preferred bread crumbs
- 2 scoops Neocate Junior, Unflavored
- Place sweet potato in small saucepan with water to cover, bring to a boil. Simmer until soft.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and brown the chicken, stirring occasionally and breaking apart.
- Add the onions, carrots and mushrooms and cook for 5-10 minutes, until the vegetables are softened and starting to brown.
- Add the stock and bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Cool slightly and stir in one scoop of Neocate Junior.
- Pour the water off to drain the sweet potato in the saucepan.
- Add the dairy-free spread and mash until smooth with a masher or fork.
- Stir in the remaining scoop of Neocate Junior to the sweet potato.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into a small ovenproof dish. Top with the mashed sweet potato.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and brown under the broiler.
But wait, there's more!
You might ask how soon you can access more recipes. Well, we’ve got you covered. We have just added 6 more new recipes to our Neocate Footsteps app.
Download the app today (available on iTunes Only)
Previous post: What does Hypoallergenic Mean?