Easter egg hunts put the fun into Easter Sunday and are a great way to engage kids in physical activity. We LOVE egg hunts! Here are great tips to plan your own allergy-friendly Easter egg hunt this weekend:
- A win-win-win trade in: Have the kids participating in the egg hunt exchange plastic eggs for prizes of their choice. Prizes can be anything! This way you don’t have to worry about food allergies, stuffing individual eggs and it’s a healthier option because it deducts excessive sugar.
- Let the clue come to you:Older kids can enjoy finding eggs filled with clues for a grand prize at the end of the hunt. The grand prize can be a basket with goodies like cool school supplies, small tech prizes or gift cards.
- Safe for all: It’s always better to be safe than sorry. If you plan to stuff the Easter eggs, make them all safe. Little ones can get shy while talking to adults who are not their parents. Keeping this in mind, keep all the stuffing allergy-friendly.
- Think beyond food treats: Non-food prizes can make great gifts inside or outside the Easter eggs. There is a wide variety of gifts for kids which include: mechanical pencils, tattoos, coloring books, boxes of crayons and cool erasers which you can distribute worry-free. These treats keep the little ones occupied and engaged in the egg hunt.
- Pre-planning for candy options: There are many allergy-friendly candy options available in the market for your little guests with food allergies. You can research on these options before hand by getting in touch with the parents of invitees for the egg hunt. Share the final list with all the parents to make sure all the candies listed are safe for all.
- Healthy finger foods:It doesn’t harm to have a few food items for the egg hunt. Fresh and thin cut veggies like carrots, celery and roasted peppers are safe and healthy.
With numerous special occasions and festivals each year, we are sure that kids with food allergies have learnt to advocate for themselves. Keep preparing your kids the same way. Neocate wishes its community a delicious allergy-friendly Easter!