Warm up with this delicious fall soup!
- 4 oz (1/2) cup pureed butternut squash, such as Earth’s Best 1st Squash
- 4 fl oz (1/2 cup) chicken broth, such as Pacific Foods Natural Free Range Chicken Broth, which is dairy, soy and gluten-free (check the ingredients if you use another brands, some broths may contain soy or wheat products); If your child does not tolerate broth, water works well too!
- 1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning, such as McCormick’s Italian Seasoning Blend but you could use any brand; be sure to always double-check the ingredients for hidden allergens!)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 8 Tbsp Neocate Nutra
Directions for cooking:
- Mix chicken broth (or water) and squash into medium saucepan & bring to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat & add seasonings, salt & pepper & simmer for about 10 minutes covered.
- After simmer, remove from heat & allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add Neocate Nutra to mixture 1 Tbsp at a time to prevent clumping.
Important Preparation Notes:
*Do not directly heat the Neocate Nutra; add Nutra to the soup AFTER it has been removed from heat. *Small amounts of hot water can be added to the soup to adjust the temperature and/or consistency.
Calories - 210 Protein - 7 g
Carbohydrate - 31 g
Fat - 4 g
Calcium - 265 mg (53% daily value for kids 1-3, 33% daily value for kids 4-8)
Previous post: Ask the Nutritionist - Concentrating Neocate