Who doesn’t like brownies? Our Neocate Junior Brownie Bites, made with our Neocate Junior Chocolate, allow those with cow milk allergy to enjoy this delicious sweet without the milk or any of the 8 major allergens. Please find the recipe to make these treats below, and stay tuned as we will be featuring more recipes from our new cookbook!
Please check all ingredients to ensure suitability for your little one. Also, be sure to consult your doctor or dietitian with any questions or for advice before you bake with Neocate.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 Cups cooked black beans, drained of all liquid
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar of your choice
- 1/3 Cup cocoa powder or carob powder
- 8 scoops Neocate® Junior, Chocolate
- 1 Tbsp allowed oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp egg replacer mixed with 3 Tbsp of warm water
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, real or imitation (optional)
- Non-stick oil cooking spray or foil muffin tin liners
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Coat muffin tin with non-stick oil spray, or line with foil muffin liners.
Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour enough batter into each muffin well to fill about halfway.
- Bake 22-28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a brownie comes out clean. Allow brownies to cool in the tin for at least five minutes, and then transfer them to a baking rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
- If using canned black beans, two 15 oz cans will give you 2 cups and some extra.
- Makes about 30 mini brownies, depending on size of muffin tin.
- Opening oven door during baking may cause brownies to collapse.
- A recipe without raw eggs means you can enjoy any leftover batter right away! But make sure to watch out for small fingers around the blade of the blender.
- Sometimes, cooking Neocate can affect nutrient levels. Read more in 'Cooking with Neocate' on this page and consult your healthcare team.
Serving Size Facts:
Serving size is two Brownie Bites, and there are approximately 15 servings per recipe.
- 91.9 kcal
- Protein 2.7 gm
- Fat 2.0 gm
- Carbohydrates 15.8 gm
- Fiber 1.7 gm
- Vitamin D 15.7 IU
- Calcium 58.9 mg
- Iron 1.4 mg
- Zinc 0.2mg
Here's a handy video showing all the steps:
Printable Recipe card:
For additional recipes and more, visit Neocate.com/footsteps. Stay tuned, as we are always looking to share more recipes! What do you think about this recipe? Let us know in the comments section, below!
-The Neocate team.
This recipe was developed with the help of Chef Jess. She's a trained chef who also just happens to be a Registered Dietitian!
Next post: Neocate and Kosher - Blog Post Round-Up!