With summer approaching, baseball season is back in full swing. I was at a baseball game not too long ago (Nationals vs. Marlins…Go Marlins!!) and wondered how people with food allergies, especially peanut allergies, would be able to enjoy a baseball game with all the peanut shells on the floor. Excitingly, there are several baseball teams that designate certain “Peanut-Free” or “Peanut-Friendly” games where they offer special sections or suites in the stadium that do not allow peanuts. Some teams take it a step further and don’t sell any nut products on these dates. Here is a listing of teams that host these peanut-free games for 2010. The links below provide important details for the games so be sure to check them out!
- Arizona Diamondbacks: Two peanut-controlled games in 2010.
- Minnesota Twins: Four games with a peanut-free skybox.
- Boston Red Sox: Two peanut-friendly games in 2010.
- San Diego Padres: Peanut-free seating on May 2, 2010.
- Seattle Mariners: Four peanut-safe games in 2010.
- St. Louis Cardinals: Three games with peanut-free sections in 2010.
- Washington Nationals: Three allergy-friendly games in 2010.
I hope this information will add lots of fun to your summer activities. Have you heard of other sports teams that offer allergy-friendly days? We would love to hear about them! - Christine
Previous post: Neocate Faces - Jacob